Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Side Slope command connectivity

• 1.  Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-24-2019 12:49

I have been using the side slope command to create my curb and manually use the offset line command (from the back of curb line) to create my sidewalk. But whenever I make changes on my EOP line (reference line), I lose my sidewalk line automatically regardless the change (vertical or horizontal). Why is this happening? I would've assumed that the sidewalk won't have any connection to my side slope entity. 

• 2.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-24-2019 19:58

If you just use the Offset line command to create your Sidewalk, there is no dependency to the line that you used as a reference for your sidewalk so I don't see a reason why this would happen. The C&G section is dependent on the EOP reference line when created as a sideslope, so if the EOP changes the C&G will also update, however the offset line should not change - I need to test that myself to see if I can duplicate

Alan

• 3.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-24-2019 20:09

You are right - I see the same behavior - I will check in the am with development

• 4.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-25-2019 07:17

I have been told that the Offset Line is getting added to the Sideslope "Container" and that is why when it gets updated the offset line gets removed. Can you create the Sidewalk Line by Offset / Elevation from the EOP line for now.

I am asking to be able to "Explode" a sideslope object to detach the dependency if you want to, because often I just want the linework as a starting point and I need to hack in Drop Curb or Curb Tapers etc and doing it all with Tables while possible is kind of hard work sometimes compared to just editing a Linestring by adding VPIs where you need them

The developers are thinking through this problem, but it will be next release before it is resolved.

Alan

• 5.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-25-2019 08:49

Yes, the ability to explode the sidewalk line would be great. What's funny is I did try to explode the line (eventhough it was identified as linestring and I know that linestrings are unexplodable) out of frustration but of course, it didn't work. 

• 6.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-25-2019 11:00

We just added Explode to Sideslope now so it can be blown up if needed.

Next release - sorry for the frustration (me too)

Alan

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 8:49 AM kdeguzman@landmark-sc.com <

• 7.  Re: Side Slope command connectivity

Posted 01-28-2019 10:36

Thanks Alan