Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

• 1.  Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

Posted 10-19-2018 12:06

I import a lot of field data and think BC has a pretty good work flow for doing so. One complaint I have is that when I import these SPJ files with surfaces, they get scattered across my BC surfaces that I have meticulously setup depending on what the grade foreman named them (not BC's fault but still an annoyance). In efforts to address this, I would like the option to set a prefix for SPJ file import, for me a would like "Field Data -".   These would keep field data surfaces grouped together when imported into Business center and help keep things more organized.  

Thank you!!

• 2.  Re: Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

Posted 10-25-2018 11:46

I hear what you are saying and think that would be useful too.  I have a suggestion for you in the meantime, what I do is keep a blank business center project open separate from the file I am working on.  I never import anything directly into my working file.  I import everything including spj from the field into that blank project.  Then I do any layer or surface renaming and transfer to my main working file using the .vcl format.

• 3.  Re: Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

Posted 10-26-2018 13:36

How about adding surfaces to a group like we can with layers?

• 4.  Re: Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

Posted 10-29-2018 06:19

Yes! 

#newfeature

• 5.  Re: Feature Request - Set a Prefix for spj file import

Posted 12-31-2019 05:51

The TML affix name helps to address this and allows you to prefix multiple entities at a time.

TMLs - Rockpile Solutions