Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

• 1.  Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 11-14-2018 07:19

I would use the floating views more but I have found that when I do, I lose control over my custom shortcuts that I have created (CTRl+L - linestring, Ctrl+O - offset line, Ctrl+E - Elevate). Is this a known issue? Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I would like to be able to use a floating view and still have full control over my shortcuts. 

There are a few shortcuts that I have created that just make it so much faster than scrolling through the tabs and I would rather sacrifice one view over losing these shortcuts. 

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-05-2018 10:13

I've noticed the same when floating a view that none of my custom shortcut commands (15) will work. I do not float the view due to this but would like to. I've noticed this in 5.0 and many previous versions.

• 3.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-05-2018 10:41

Which View(s) are you floating when this happens?

Alan

• 4.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-05-2018 10:43

For me it is the 3D view.

Patrick L'Heureux, E.I.T.

Severino Trucking

(603) 340-2578

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-05-2018 10:50

My shortcuts do not work when floating the 3D view either.

• 6.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-05-2018 10:55

This is a "Known Issue: in that the Shortcuts do not work when the Floated View is the Active View - it doesnt stop you drawing in the view. So if the Plan View is Floated and the Tab at the top of the View is Black not Grey then it is the active view. If you select another Pane e.g. the header of the Properties Pane etc. Then the Plan View Tab goes Grey (or at least less bold) and then your shortcuts will work just fine.

I guess this is why you say sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately the Multi Window Environment Tool that we use for the User Interface has this "Focus" issue, and until that is resolved we cannot address the issue. But at least if you know the issue you can at least work with it.

Hope that this helps

Alan

• 7.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 12-06-2018 06:24

I tried that this morning Alan and that seemed to work. Once I created a new floating view, I just simply clicked on my plan view tab (the anchor view in BC) and everything worked like normally.  Thanks for the insight on that. That will allow me to use floating views more without losing functionality. 

• 8.  Re: Issues with Float View and Custom Shortcuts

Posted 03-23-2020 01:56

this is a bug still i feel and needs addressing- i select some labels to swap for example and all i get is float view!