Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Feature Request - Linestring Vertical Type - Delta Elevation

• 1.  Feature Request - Linestring Vertical Type - Delta Elevation

Posted 09-27-2020 07:06

I have run into several cases where it would be useful to have a delta elevation option for a vertical type in linestring. 

Example: - Building Footprint

• The front of the building is at an elevation that is to be determined
    • The back of the building is 8 ft different because it is a walkout basement

This would allow the user to adjust the front elevation and have the rest of the line updated dynamically

There is also need for an inline delta elevation rule in the vertical design tool.

• 2.  Re: Feature Request - Linestring Vertical Type - Delta Elevation

Posted 09-28-2020 10:48

this is something I do inplace of doing delta elevation change.  In places where i have a standard elevation and I know i am suppose to be "X"  low or higher.  I just add the standard elevation and do like a excel cell formule .ie,      500.00-.25, then hit enter.  

• 3.  Re: Feature Request - Linestring Vertical Type - Delta Elevation

Posted 09-28-2020 13:41

it always amazes me how little i fully utilize the power of the input cells...

I have personally abandoned the line-string editor for any thing other than basic point-to-point type snapping. the side-slope commands i find to be more user friendly and require less effort. I know that this doesn't deal with your need but I have yet to find something, that vertically speaking, side-slope doesn't make easier.