Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Create Side Slope Malfunction

• 1.  Create Side Slope Malfunction

Posted 09-20-2020 12:40
      |   view attached

Hello, when using create side slope command the curb line breaks in curves end up overlapping creating errors.

Using TBC 5.31. Tried tightening up the sampling distance. Offset line command has no overlapping problems.

Anybody seeing this?

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Create Side Slope Malfunction

Posted 09-21-2020 21:06

I would have to get the data Tom - I just built a sideslope template the same as yours in 5.32 and it seems to work just fine for me - I really don't see how this can happen - unless the source line is not curvilinear - i.e. if the source line is chorded then maybe I can see how it could happen, however your offsets for the "near vertical face of curb are large enough to not trigger this issue in most normal cases.

can you vcl out the line that you are using for the Flow Line and send it to me and I will try it myself on your line

Looking at the image of the 3D surface, the flow line doesnt look at all smooth - do you have some linework in there that is not joined sequentially or that double backs on itself - use the linestring editor to step sequentially through the horizontal nodes of the linestring to see what the sequence looks like, also if that was a curve line I would expect the spacing of the flags to be equal which it isnt, indicating that the problem is with the source line itself - I think you will find that that is your issue here - but send me the line to take a look at unless you find the problem yourself here.

• 3.  Re: Create Side Slope Malfunction

Posted 09-22-2020 06:48

Alan, I have attached one of the lines to my post.

Thanks! 

• 4.  Re: Create Side Slope Malfunction

Posted 09-22-2020 07:59

That line and the same sideslope template seems to model correctly for me - I will call you today to take a look at your whole project - there is something else going on here

Alan