Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Exploding Linestring

• 1.  Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-24-2020 12:27

Hello, I have a drawing that has many line strings like the one shown below. I need to explode into segments to delete portions of them. I have tried the explode lines command but the endpoints seem to loose elevation(bottom Snap). I can break each segment individually with the break command with no problem. Any ideas on how to multi break a linestring?

@Gary Lantaff

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-24-2020 12:59

A tool would be delete segments. I know some one will come in with other ideas.  Friday brain working today!!!!!

• 3.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-24-2020 15:31

Tom

I just checked with my TML Team and they have a fix they will post for me shortly - I will test and turn on the update for you in the next hour all being well

Alan

• 4.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-24-2020 17:21

That would be great, trying to wrap this job up.

Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-24-2020 18:09

The update is live now Tom - use TML Status to get it from the TML Status Server

Thanks

Alan

• 6.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-27-2020 07:06

Alan, works fine.

Appreciate your help!

• 7.  Re: Exploding Linestring

Posted 07-27-2020 07:48

Good to hear - that command was written to explode primarily 2D linework from PDF or CAD Sections prior to conversion to 3D linework for use in 3D Models. I am not sure we had ever tested it for 3D Linework explode, so a good point that it has uses beyond what we planned for it initially - at least it works for both now.

Thanks for the feedback

Alan