Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Takeoff Report Customisation

• 1.  Takeoff Report Customisation

Posted 11-21-2019 02:19
      |   view attached

Hello

I run a lot of takeoff reports using TBC, I generally send these report off to our estimators for bidding ect. They are busy people and just want to core information.

I am struggling to customise the takeoff report to remove some of the excessive information, generally I think the takeoff report is fantastic but I would like to change 2 main things:

1. I want to report the total area and volume of my site improvements but not each individual site improvement (currently it reports every time I click in a new area, for some housing projects this makes the report 50+ pages long!). I understand this is useful for pads or items with the same construction that you want to segregate in the report but when its a road or a very big job where the estimator just wants to the overall volume and area it is irreverent.

Note* - Unpicking "Individual site regions" does remove the site improvement breakdown but also the total quantities.

2. I have been asked a number of times to explain what construction depths I have added to works elements, currently I summarise this separately in an email but it would be amazing if TBC could add a simple breakdown of the improvement makeup (as it appears in the MSI manager) onto the report. That way whoever looks at the report can see what depths have been allowed for.

I have attached an example takeoff report marked up which what I am looking to achieve, would be great to know what is the best way to go about it.

Currently I break the PDF up after export which is getting tedious.

Many Thanks!

Sam

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Marked Up Takeoff Report2.pdf   2.06 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Takeoff Report Customisation

Posted 11-21-2019 09:16

Hi Sam,

Would you mind sending me the vce file you used with this report.  tim_mcclannahan@trimble.com

I will give you some ideas of how to get what you need.

thanks

• 3.  Re: Takeoff Report Customisation

Posted 11-21-2019 09:25

Hi Tim

I've sent you an email, 

Many thanks!

• 4.  Re: Takeoff Report Customisation

Posted 11-21-2019 15:21
    I think what you need is to simply run the custom takeoff report.  The report has all of the information for your project.  These are word files so you can select a table and right click to delete the table.  Simply get rid of stuff that is duplicated or not needed.   
    The report is designed so that the first page has all of the mass earthworks in a summary fashion.  As your project does not have strata and other advanced options the following pages will look like a duplicate, so you can delete those tables.  If you had these other advanced features the second part would have additional details.  Note that this command does not report cost, area or linear based site improvements.  
    Let me know if this meets your needs.
    tim

• 5.  Re: Takeoff Report Customisation

Posted 11-25-2019 10:25

If you go into "Set Other Report Options" and change " Individual site region details", this is the results you get.