Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to delete any layers

• 1.  Unable to delete any layers

Posted 11-18-2019 10:14

I have tried deleting empty layers but it doesn't delete anything. All layers in my project are shown to be used/protected which they are not. I have used the select members button in the filter manager select the members on a layer with the properties tab open and nothing comes up but then I go to delete the filter and it says it is used. 

Anybody have a solution or similar situation?I've got a TON of empty layers clogging up my filter manager. I could just move them to a separate category but that doesn't fix the issue.

• 2.  Re: Unable to delete any layers

Posted 11-18-2019 12:17

Try the PurgeBlocks command then deleting unprotected layers again.

• 3.  Re: Unable to delete any layers

Posted 11-18-2019 14:02

Blocks can contain blocks so you make have to purge blocks several times.  I would run project cleanup and see if there are any objects in the sheet view.

If you post your file, I can take a look and see if there is anything else. 

tim

• 4.  Re: Unable to delete any layers

Posted 11-30-2019 15:26

Agree with purging blocks, also look for added sheet sets if you've been dragging in DWGs and delete those, then purge.  When in doubt use select all and see if you have any low count/atypical objects under the properties "All" dropdown.