Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Filtering CAD layer by elevation range

• 1.  Filtering CAD layer by elevation range

Posted 04-20-2020 23:29

Is it possible to filter the cad layer between an elevation range, for example only show contours between 100 to 120 range and isolate all layers outside this range?

• 2.  Re: Filtering CAD layer by elevation range

Posted 04-21-2020 02:53

Agree. Or the ability to select by an elevation range. You can use advance select but it is very clunky.

• 3.  Re: Filtering CAD layer by elevation range

Posted 04-21-2020 11:51

Not sure I totally understand the Question - but if you have a Layer or Layers of data and you want to select all data that has an Elevation Range between one value and another then you can do that with Advanced Select

Select all data you want to make the sub selection from

Advanced Select

Select Multiple Data Types 

That have this property - Elevation

Greater than (the minimum value - if you want 100.00 and greater then enter 99.999) or select Geeater than or Equal To 100.000

Apply - this selects all data in your selection that is >100.00 elevation. This is a new Current selection to work from

Now select

Multiple Types

That have this Property = Elevation

Less Than or Equal to (the higher value of the range ) eg 120.00

Now what is selected is the data that falls between the Low and High Value you entered

Advanced Select with all its tools allows you to find data in a data set that no other software that I know of can even get close to - I have heard from many users that this is one of the "most awesome tools in TBC"  that allows you to get at the data - while some of the UI could be enhanced for sure - the tool really allows you to do this kind of thing quickly and easily once you know how

Alan

• 4.  Re: Filtering CAD layer by elevation range

Posted 04-21-2020 12:12

Thank's Alan that what I was looking for