Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Flatten an Alignment

• 1.  Flatten an Alignment

Posted 03-12-2020 13:39

I exported my Mass Haul to Tilos. How do you flatten an alignment in Business Center to show a plan view in Tilos?

• 2.  Re: Flatten an Alignment

Posted 03-15-2020 12:09

Use the Add Remove Members to Station and Offset View and then open a Station and Offset View. 

There are some challenges with this however because not all things can be drawn in a station and offset view, and because Corridors are long and thin you kind of have to create special data on separate layers to Annotate and display what you need to show for TILOS (Street Names, Station Labels etc.)

Also - capturing this at high enough resolution so it is readable in TILOS can also be a challenge - you can create Plots in Sheet View of Sections (Station Ranges) of the job and then mosaic them together in a Paint type package or you can plot to like a Roll Sheet Plotter and then capture to PDF if you have a PDF Print Driver that can capture Roll Feed data - or you can use snagit and use a Scrolling Window to capture at higher resolution etc. 

You will not however be able to plot a Cut Fill Map, however if you create an Elevation Grid (Color Coded) you can likely show that in the Station and Offset View - would need to work that a bit (to try and get what you want here.

I will record a video Monday on this for you

Alan