Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Eporting to KMZ with photo's from project for sharing

• 1.  Eporting to KMZ with photo's from project for sharing

Posted 10-11-2020 10:35

After exporting a file from TBC with photos at all the as staked points to a kmz file once the kmz file is emailed to another user or client the photo's are not attached to the points anymore.  Is there an additional step that I am missing in order to have the photo's taken with our TSC3's of our field stakes visible along with the other details.  All of the linework, points etc. show up fine however in GE if you select one of the points the img # and filename shows in the properties with the coordinates however the photo box remains blank.

• 2.  Re: Eporting to KMZ with photo's from project for sharing

Posted 10-12-2020 11:36

Hi Ian,

I just tried the workflow and sent a KMZ to my colleague, and he was able to see the images well. We were running Google Earth Pro Desktop version 7.3.3.7786, is your client running the web version? 

Rui

• 3.  Re: Eporting to KMZ with photo's from project for sharing

Posted 11-24-2020 14:16

Since posting this issue has beed resolved.  On another similar subject is there a particular stylesheet that can be exported to show point with the attached media photo image? Thank you for your time and assistance 

• 4.  Re: Eporting to KMZ with photo's from project for sharing

Posted 11-25-2020 13:59

Hi Ian,

You can try the custom reporting function. 

Here is a how-to video explaining the general workflow: TBC How-To's: Custom Reporting in TBC - YouTube 

To export points with photos, you need to replace the report type as shown below.

Let me know if it works. Thank you.

Rui