Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Report to Excel Not Working

• 1.  Report to Excel Not Working

Posted 06-28-2019 13:25

I had an issue with my MS Office Suite and had to roll it back to a previous version. Since the reinstall I am not able to create reports in Excel. I can run an earthwork report as a Concise or Explanatory output, but trying to run the report as Launch Excel data only doesn't work. There isn't any error message, it doesn't even look like the computations begin.

Is there a process that will select the file path of the excel.exe that TBC should be using. I have checked my default programs and they all seem to be pointing to the correct version of Excel.

Using:

TBC v5.10

Win10 1809

MS Excel 2016

Thanks for any guidance,

MD

• 2.  Re: Report to Excel Not Working

Posted 06-28-2019 14:22

Marc

I had this issue a while back and it turned out that it was a setting in Excel that caused the issue - however I believe that we addressed the issue in v5.1 (and likely in one of the 5.01 or 5.02 patch updates - however this was the issue

In Excel, in the lower Right corner there are these three settings buttons

Open a Blank workbook and make sure that it is setup as shown above with the left hand button highlighted - I cannot remember now whether mine had none of them highlighted or one of the other two, but however I got mine like it was it prohibited the reports from generating.

If this fails, then I think you may have to reinstall TBC after updating your Excel Installation to clear your issue - can you try that and let me know if that helps

I tried to reach you on your other question and left you a Voice Mail

Alan