Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

• 1.  TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

Posted 04-28-2019 08:16

In TBC 5.0, while the Alignment Editor is open changes and/or selections made in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View. Is this intended behavior?

• 2.  Re: TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

Posted 04-29-2019 07:59

This is likely an Active View Focus / View Filter Issue - if the Plan View is not the Selected Active View, and you have multiple Views open and have different View Filters applied to those different views, then you may not be updating what you think you are updating. I will check this and see what I see.

Alan

• 3.  Re: TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

Posted 04-29-2019 08:34

I have one plan view and an alignment editor open. That's it. I am able to select objects in the plan view and I can turn on and off layers in the view filter that was applied before the editor was open, but once I open the editor and try to change the view filter the view doesn't update. I tried closing the View Filter Manager and reopening it after opening Alignment Editor, but it doesn't react to any changes applied to the filters.

Garrick Raczek

• 4.  Re: TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

Posted 04-29-2019 12:14

Garrick

I think this is the issue that you are seeing

1) I have a Plan View Open and I have the View Filter "My Filter" applied to that view.

2) I open the Alignment Editor - if you look at the Tab for the Alignment Editor you will see that it is "Black Text" and the Plan View is "Grey Text" so the Alignment Editor is the Currently Active View

3) I change the View Filter from My Filter to e.g. a View Filter called HAL only - however the Plan View doesn't change - this is because it is not the currently Active View - to change the Plan View - you need to click on the Plan View Tab to make it "Black Text" i.e. the Current Active View and then you can change the View Filter. It will show you the View Filter that is applied and you should still see it as My Filter until you make it the Active View and then change it to HAL only and now the Graphics and Tab will update.

While the Alignment Editor is not a Graphical View and therefore View Filters do not apply, it is still treated as a View and when you change the View Filter while it is active, it is still treated as though that change was applied to the Alignment Editor View because it was the active view. We have to be consistent here whether we have 1 or 10 graphics views open and we likely would not want all 10 graphics views to update with this type of change.

Hope that this helps

Alan

• 5.  Re: TBC 5.0 - while the Alignment Editor is open selections in View Filter Manager don't reflect in the Plan View

Posted 04-30-2019 05:32

Alan,

Changing focus by clicking the tab does help - the View Filter Manager responds as it should. There is a bit of inconsistency in the software though, because when you have multiple Plan Views or 3D Views open, you can change focus between them just by clicking anywhere inside a view window, however, to switch focus from an editor or a list to a Plan View you have to click the tab. I didn't realize that subtle difference, and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one. Thank you for pointing the right direction.

Garrick Raczek