Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Exporting .XML-format

• 1.  Exporting .XML-format

Posted 12-20-2018 00:58
      |   view attached

Hi

We need to export a XML-file that matches the format the Danish Utility Agencies need. Is this something we can do?

Basically it needs to contain points and lines, with elevation, and type of point (sewer, dimenstion etc). from a SCS900-survey, so reading the point name and feature code.

I've attached:

example data.XML - which has the format they need to load the into their systems, but unfortunately BC-HCE / TBC wont read it.

Attachment(s)

zip
    example data.XML.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Exporting .XML-format

Posted 01-03-2019 06:29

• 3.  Re: Exporting .XML-format

Posted 01-04-2019 10:16

Lasse: I downloaded and tried to load the XML into both TBC and Civil 3D (2019). I could not open it either. However, C3D gave the message that it is not a Land XML File. Is it possible that the file is not a Land XML?

Regards,

Marshall

• 4.  Re: Exporting .XML-format

Posted 01-04-2019 12:39

Lasse

This is not a LandXML just an XML format that is local to Denmark. There is no support for it in TBC. If you can find someone to write TMLs this would be a perfect example of where a TML to Import / Export this format would cover your requirement and is exactly why TML capability was created in TBC. 

The global challenge that we have as a company is to be able to react to all of these international variants of data that people want in every country of the world. Finding a Python programmer locally would be the way to go here to solve this problem. I wish that I could help you out on this but I don't see any likelihood that I can get this done internally any time soon unfortunately.

There are people out there in USA / Europe that may do this for you for a fee - here are some contacts that may be able to help you

Peter Kistler - peter@thekistlers.com (He is based in Colorado, USA)

Wyn Sleeman - wyn@sleemanuk.org (He is based in the UK)

Fernando Calvo - calvo@calvo-geospatial.com (He is based in Germany)

There are likely others out there that may be able to do this as a service for you - please post here if you are able to offer TML programming services to the TBC customer base or SITECH dealer Channel.

Thanks

Alan

• 5.  Re: Exporting .XML-format

Posted 01-07-2019 02:36

Appreciated the feedback - I will try and reach out to the contacts you listed - and will let you know if we end up with a setup.

• 6.  Re: Exporting .XML-format

Posted 01-10-2019 08:11

I will add you to the possible list of TMLers so that others may contact you

Sent from my iPhone