Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

• 1.  TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-03-2019 13:35
      |   view attached

When I use Save As or Save to overwrite an existing file (for example when exporting a DWG/DXF) TBC asks "Are You Sure?" twice. I checked other programs on my system (Office, C3D etc) and only TBC 5 does this (not TBC 4.12). Check the video clip to see what I mean.

• 2.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-03-2019 16:46

Has this happened from installation or did it just start happening?

• 3.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-03-2019 17:44

Nick: I'm going to say since it was installed, but not 100% sure. I noticed it after installing V5 but saving over a file isn't something I have to do all that often.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Marshall

• 4.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-04-2019 13:24

When you say Save As and select a File that already exists the Operating System asks if uou want to overwrite the File - you say yes - and then when you finally say Export in TBC then TBC asks the same question again. This has been there for years (not saying that it is good or correct) but it is the behavior that has always been there. I have asked this question previously of development and I got the "this is the way it has to be because of the way that we write the file and interact with the operating system" - it is not a big issue and as far as I am aware it has always been this way. 

As I say - not necessarily the correct thing or the best thing, just the way it is - I can report it in again, but I feel that I will get the same response as in previous reports of the issue.

Thanks for reporting it however

Alan

• 5.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-04-2019 14:22
      |   view attached

Alan: Yes, I know TBC asks after the Export button is pressed. In this case, the operating system asks twice before the Export is pressed. I made a video screen shot. This doesn’t happen with 4.12 (or previous). It showed up with V5.

Regards,

Marshall

• 6.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-19-2019 11:14

I have installed the Hotfix (5.01). I am still getting the Save command asking twice to replace existing file when exporting ANY file from TBC (including Exporting my Ribbon preferences etc). After that the Export command asks only once.

Is this a Windows System issue (although no other software I use does this) or a TBC issue?

Here's a quick video.

Marshall

• 7.  Re: TBC 5 Save As Command Asks Twice?

Posted 01-22-2019 14:16

I have forwarded to our QA team for Review

Alan