Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Are SCS900 Generated DC/CAL Files Compatible With Trimble Access?

• 1.  Are SCS900 Generated DC/CAL Files Compatible With Trimble Access?

Posted 08-23-2020 16:09

First, I am a full newb Trimble Access user {insert nasty Trimble Access file handling comments here }

We have a site calibration done in SCS900 but will be using Trimble Access on the same job to get the full benefits from a Trimble VX total station. I just searched the entire 598 page Trimble Access General Survey User Guide and while I found lots of "DC" file mentions nothing about compatibility with SCS900. Nothing about CAL files at all. I will be using Access on a TSC3 so I believe it is Ver 17.24 (or thereabouts).

(Note: SCS900 will run the VX but only as a basic robotic with no scanning, point clouds etc).

Has anyone done a "Best Practices" for combining use of SCS900 with Access? I know Trimble hates any of us that try to use both "Construction" and Geospatial" gear and software together but surely someone has done it in spite of the roadblocks ?!

Any and all advice/help gratefully accepted.

Marshall

• 2.  Re: Are SCS900 Generated DC/CAL Files Compatible With Trimble Access?

Posted 08-23-2020 23:06

In terms of coordinate system definition the CAL and DC file are identical. You can rename a CAL file to .DC and edit/view it in the DC-File Editor (is part of the Configuration Toolbox)

You should just take the CAL file from SCS900, copy and maybe rename it to .DC on your Access Controller and create a new job. You'll be asked to create "from template" or "JobXML or DC File". Using the second option you import your site calibration.

What you also could do is to drag your SCS900 site calibration file into TBC and add it as "Local Site" to your Coordinate System Manager.

Save the database as custom.csd and copy it into the Access System Folder.

In the older Versions that would be Trimble Data\System Files, in the newer Version something like "C:\Program Files\Trimble\Trimble Access Emulator 2020.00\General Survey"

Once you've done that your site calibration should be available under Job-Properties -> Coord. System -> Select from Library -> User Sites

• 3.  Re: Are SCS900 Generated DC/CAL Files Compatible With Trimble Access?

Posted 08-24-2020 06:59

Ronny:  Thank you for the great detail. Very much appreciated.

Marshall