Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Corridor surface going crazy

• 1.  Corridor surface going crazy

Posted 09-14-2020 13:16
      |   view attached

This is an issue that I have run into several times in the past but usually too busy to bring it up, so here it goes now:  I attached an example of this happening.  The best way to explain it is probably just for a person to look at it.  If you go to the only corridor in the project "WBCBA" and edit the only template at 10+00 and scroll through from roughly 15+50 to 18+20 you'll see node number 12 jumps up and down as if the slope defining the segment from node 11 to 12 is being inversed repeatedly (its supposed to be using the slope from the finish grade defined from node 5 to 4).  In this case it only seems to actually show up in the generated surface a couple times, but sometimes it shows up dozens of times and is just slightly frustrating.  Can anybody see anything that I'm doing wrong in the template?  If not this seems like a bug, does it happen to anyone else?

Attachment(s)

zip
    WBCBA example.vce.zip   827 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Corridor surface going crazy

Posted 09-14-2020 13:34

I would do offset/slope and just do below an offset/slope command. You can just connect the two nodes 4 and 14.

It seems to be following what you need.

Without me digging into it, this is usually caused by a something crossing the alignment, which is why it goes the opposite direction you intend.

• 3.  Re: Corridor surface going crazy

Posted 09-14-2020 15:19

That is because your Node 5 is a referenced Polyline. It doesn't follow your arced Alignment 100 %. Only the Polyline nodes are identical with the master Alignment. In-between it it is either side of it, depending if it is a left hand or right hand curve. The origin node 11 for that slope is derived from that Polyline Node 5, which means that one is jumping sides too and due to that the fall sign changes.

• 4.  Re: Corridor surface going crazy

Posted 09-15-2020 05:19

Thank you both very much.  Erik, that is a good work around and Ronny that makes perfect sense.