Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Conflicting Software / Bug Report

• 1.  Conflicting Software / Bug Report

Posted 04-02-2019 11:58

There appears to be a conflict caused in TBC when TurboTax is also installed on the same system.  It is very repeatable for me on my system with TBC v5.00.2 that when TurboTax Premier 2018 by Intuit is installed TBC will immediately crash and close without saving when attempting to edit a corridor template.  If I uninstall TurboTax is works just fine and if I reinstall it crashes and closes every time.  Obviously this is just a minor inconvenience that I can work around easy enough, but I wanted to share in case it is useful information to anyone else with similar issues.

#bug_report

#known_issues

• 2.  Re: Conflicting Software / Bug Report

Posted 04-03-2019 07:54

A few possible solutions here Wayne 

1) Don't do your Taxes and hide from the IRS

2) Use Turbo Tax Online and stay friends with the IRS

3) Use an alternative Tax Software

4) Immigrate to another country where TurboTax isnt used 

OK OK - just joking .....

I will log it into the system - however my guess is that development will tell me that TurboTax is messing with us rather than the other way round - but I will check - since this is a Tax Season issue only - it will be over in 2 weeks time for another year and you guys in the North don't start working till June anyway right?

Sorry for the frivolity - it is early morning and I am yet to have a coffee to calm me down ...

Alan

• 3.  Re: Conflicting Software / Bug Report

Posted 04-08-2019 10:16

I noticed the same issue this past weekend after I installed TT.  Although my TBC is crashing seemingly at random (mostly just after loading the project though), not while editing corridors.  

• 4.  Re: Conflicting Software / Bug Report

Posted 04-10-2019 09:00

I also just installed Turbo Tax.  I will be happy to uninstall it, but I'm not done with my taxes.. I still have a few days.

• 5.  Re: Conflicting Software / Bug Report

Posted 04-10-2019 09:33

See my post to Wayne Welshans on this the other day - not sure if the

suggestions were helpful or not - top one was dont do your taxes and hide

from the IRS - I think Wayne may have taken me seriously as I havent heard

from him since - hope to catch up with him at PUG next week though - he

will be the one in the Dark Shades and a False Moustache I guess.

Alan