Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

"Cannot be saved as .vce"

• 1.  "Cannot be saved as .vce"

Posted 09-24-2018 09:03
      |   view attached

I received an email from a customer that is getting an error when trying to save his project. The error is "The current project cannot be saved as a *.vce file". Has anyone else come across this error and figured out a fix for it?

• 2.  Re: "Cannot be saved as .vce"

Posted 09-24-2018 10:13

Steve

In v4.11 there is a defect that has already been fixed for the 4.12 Patch that is being readied for release. The issue is caused by (this is when I have seen it happen anyway) when you have been editing a project and get called away from your work for a while and come back to it some time later and hit save - some temp file is getting cleaned up and because it is absent it stops you from saving the VCE file. In most cases I have been able to Save As and save it with a new name and continue to work - however I did have one time when I could not do that and had to VCL out my data and VCL In the data to a new project (that was painful for sure but it has only happened once).

As I say this issue is fixed in the next release which I hope will be out shortly.

Alan

• 3.  Re: "Cannot be saved as .vce"

Posted 05-12-2020 13:13

I'm having this problem in version 5.2. Will downloading 5.3 solve this?