Trimble Business Center

View Only

FXL Creation from SDE Connection

• 1.  FXL Creation from SDE Connection

Posted 06-05-2017 12:08

I'm new to TBC and the GIS module, so please bear with me...

I am having a difficult time creating an fxl file that looks like my enterprise GIS database using TBC and the GIS module.  The database is served on ArcGIS Server 10.5 and contains stand-alone feature classes as well as a versioned feature dataset (14 features classes inside of it) with global IDs.  Currently using TBC version 3.82.

To generate the fxl I do the following:

1. Using the GIS Connection Manager I connect to the SDE database

2. I then Get GIS Schema using the Feature Definition toolset

*At this point, everything seems to have been read properly.  All feature classes and subtypes are present and checked on

3. I provide a brief description and output fxl file name

4. Export to FXL with a check to open Feature Def Manager after export

When the Feature Definition Manager opens, I see one category called 'unknown' that contains my two stand-alone feature classes.  However, the feature dataset and it's contents are not present at all.

I feel like this might be coming from versioning issues.  If I create a file gdb with the exact same data\schema and go through this process, everything comes over fine.  I tried this on another versioned enterprise database as well.  Everything was fine there.

So I'm scratching my head as to why this one database is having issues.  I'm sure I don't even know what questions to ask myself.  Any considerations or thoughts on what I might be doing wrong are very much appreciated.  Thank you!