Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Export Issue

• 1.  Export Issue

Posted 01-03-2019 07:31

Hi all,

I'm new to business centre and I am processing a survey with kerb lines automatically drafted. The issue is when I go to export this to a dwg. or dxf. the lines and points are not coming across. The lines also seem to disappear from the TBC drawing also? I do highlight everything. If anyone could give some advice on what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Carl

• 2.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 10:07

Carl: When you say "coming across" do you mean when you open the DXF/DWG in another application? I find when I open the exported DXF/DWG in C3D (2019) that I have to zoom extents to get anything to show up, otherwise the screen is blank.

Can you do a screen grab to show exactly what is happening?

• 3.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 10:19

When i process the survey in TBC, all lines etc look great. I then draw a few manhole circles myself and a few other bits in TBC. I export to a dwg or dxf to finish the drawing in autoCAD but all that opens is the circle manhole and other little things that I've drawn myself in TBC. So it doesn't seem to export any of the survey data or autonomous linework? 

• 4.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 10:45

Carl: I tried to duplicate the issue you are having. I created linework from field data, added a few manholes, and exported as a DXF from TBC. Then opened it in C3D. It seems to be OK. Check the short screen video and see if this matches yours.

Regards,

Marshall

• 5.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 14:19

Hey Marshall,

Yes I am doing exactly what you are doing but only the manhole circles seem to open in the dwg/dxf. I've noticed that when I export the file to dwg, all the linework, points and elevations from the autonomous drafting disappears and all.im left with in the TBC file is the circles etc. It's like it is deleting the linework. Not sure what to do here      

• 6.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 17:25
      |   view attached

Carl: Maybe I could take  a stab at your data and see if I can find anything? Could you zip up a VCL file of your project and send it to me? I’ll open in TBC and see if I can export anything.

Regards,

Marshall

• 7.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-13-2019 05:29

Hi Marshall,

Sorry only getting back to you now. I have managed to transfer file to dxf. It seems that when I change any codes before processing the linework the file will not transfer properly for some reason, but if I simply export straight away it works. thanks your all your help.

Regards

Carl

• 8.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 10:53

Carl,

What version of AutoCAD are you using?  TBC defaults to the latest version on your first export.  Try exporting into AutoCAD 2013 and then opening the file.  That fixed it for us when we had a similar issue.

Regards,

Nate

• 9.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-04-2019 14:14

Thanks for that Nathaniel, I've tried what you have said and still no luck for whatever reason

• 10.  Re: Export Issue

Posted 01-15-2019 02:44

Hi Carl,

I experienced somthing similar. Try to go to "Project Settings". Open the point "Feature Code Processing"
    There try to check or uncheck the "Allow editing of processed feature codes...."

My problem was, when i tried to eksport, the feature codes was processed ones again and all edits disappeard.

Good luck.

Carsten