Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Take Off bug?

• 1.  Take Off bug?

Posted 02-28-2022 13:22
    I am working on estimating a project. This site has topsoil removal and replace in different locations. I created these as separate improvements. If I create just the existing in-ground improvement demolition report it says 7148.9 yd2 and 1191.5 yd3 for topsoil removal. If I generate the reports with site improvement quantities then it reports 28221.1 yd2 and 1191.5 yd3 of topsoil removal. Anyone else having similar issues?

------------------------------
    Charles Wilt

• 2.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-16-2022 15:36
    Charles

Existing Inground Demo volume would be your strip. Does that area and volume sound right for strip?

Site Improvement volume would be Replacement area and volume.

Tim McCann

• 3.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-17-2022 08:15
    The in-ground demo report for topsoil area is correct but I can't understand why the site-improvement area is 3 times larger. Maybe I am not understanding the difference between these 2 reports.

Charles Wilt

• 4.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-17-2022 18:14
      |   view attached

@ Charles

it hard to say with out looking at your project. 

do you have any flags?  Blue - Multiple Site Improvements per area flag?

Do a Surface Slicer through your areas to verify depths. 

Did you apply "Respread" using Identify Site Improvement?  Did it leak into another area because it's not closed?

Is the area that shaded correct?

Tim McCann

• 5.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-18-2022 12:57
    Charles,
    Are you using the define topsoil command to idenity your existing topsoil regions or are you using the identify site regions-->original catagory?  TBC can be weird when it comes to topsoils.

Ben Wall

• 6.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-20-2022 20:17
    Topsoil is striped by defining striping boundaries in the "Define Topsoil" command, not as an "Original" site improvement or site impvmt of any kind. However it is replaced with a Site improvement (Design- Landscape/Topsoil type) and that is confusing, along with other things about topsoil.

steve schuler

• 7.  RE: Take Off bug?

Posted 03-21-2022 07:22
    Steve,
    I agree.  Did you know that TBC only includes topsoil stripping for defined areas that fall included inside your exisiting surface?  Once had a project where an owner wanted us to strip a zone for him to do some work so I included this in my takeoff but it was outside my OG surface so the computer didn't include it in the topsoil numbers.   Estimator beware

Ben Wall