Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Create Alignment N,E ?

• 1.  Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 12:27
    When I create an Alignment, at times i use a point to grab the coordinates and today i tried using a station offset to get coordinates. I notice this when I do the POB where once the coordinates are in the two cells (N,E).  I have to manually move down a row for the next segment instruction.  Once I do this, my POB coordinates are turned back to 0.000.  There are times I can get it to stick when using points. When doing the station off I can not get the N,E to stick in the POB cell.
    1) is there a trick to this or is this a bug?

------------------------------
    Francisco Guerrero

• 2.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 13:34

Hi Francisco,

Sorry for the simple question but what do you mean when you say you used a station offset to get coordinates? I'd like to try this out. 

Thanks,
    Nicole

Nicole Lim
    TBC Testing Intern

• 3.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 13:57
    In the cell to input your coords, right click in the cell and you will have a pop up window.  Then you will choose offset> offset line. Pick your alignment and enter you station offset. 

i am running 5.40. I just tried the point again and it does populate.  For sure it does not do it for the station offset. 

Francisco Guerrero

• 4.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 19:54
    Sorry didn't see your second post, however I tried both offset line and offset segment. Again it worked fine for me. What happen when you press Enter from the Northing or Easting field or mouse click on the next line?

James McWha

• 5.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 20:17
    Tab, enter, manual  click for the next row, changes my N,E to zero.

Francisco Guerrero

• 6.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-12-2021 09:16
    Hmm, I tried both offset line and offset segment. When using offsets I also need to manually move down for next instruction line but my Northing and Easting for the POB are fine.

Nicole Lim
    TBC Testing Intern

• 7.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-12-2021 09:58
    ODD, When I move to the next row or click in the POB northing.  The coord change back to zero for me.

Francisco Guerrero

• 8.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-15-2021 09:47
    Hi Francisco,

I asked a developer if he's seen this before and he said his coordinates didn't zero out either.

Are you still able to create your alignment by manually inputting the coordinates after they change to zero? Really sorry that we can't do more to help, it's difficult to debug issues when we can't reproduce them.

Nicole Lim
    TBC Testing Intern

• 9.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-15-2021 11:04
    now worries then.  i will do a slow jog around this as this is only when I create alignments.

Francisco Guerrero

• 10.  RE: Create Alignment N,E ?

Posted 03-11-2021 13:43
    What version of TBC are you using? I'm using TBC 5.40 and I'm not seeing this issue. As soon as I click on a point to populate the Northings and Eastings for the POB, it populates these values and inserts a new line below the POB:

James McWha