Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Vertical Design--How to end a rule/roadway corridor at a specific station

• 1.  Vertical Design--How to end a rule/roadway corridor at a specific station

Posted 04-20-2021 03:16
    I have been doing my vertical designs in sections, separating the intersections with the main corridors. I would like to be able to create a clean end to those areas, so I can tie in my corridors. Right now the model just keeps going and tries to tie in to everything. Also is it possible (see second screenshot) to end the design on the left side at the skewed magenta line? Its at a railroad crossing where I want the model to stop at, and pick up with the next design down station.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    matt fleischman

• 2.  RE: Vertical Design--How to end a rule/roadway corridor at a specific station

Posted 04-23-2021 13:27
    Hey Matt,

I would recommend using a break in your line to control where your rules start and stop. Additionally you can create new surfaces from your linework rather than using the vertical design surface. 

I typically turn off the surface in vertical design when I am using the command, then I manually build my desired surfaces when I am done. but as far as controlling where your vertical design surface starts and stops try using a break on your lines at the desired locations and see how that works for you. Let me know if you have any issues.

Shane

Shane Odenbach