Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Target Line Not Computed

• 1.  Target Line Not Computed

Posted 04-19-2021 05:43
      |   view attached
    Why is it that almost every other line I attempt to add a rule to kicks out this error "target line not computed"??? It seems that vertical design is very picky as to what lines it likes and doesn't like.
    Is there something published that lists the criteria necessary for a line to work? At first it wouldn't work because I had a 3d alignment xml that was brought in...and apparently after scouring the internet I found out that VD does not like that, and that I had to convert it to a linestring. I thought that was the end of my problems, but even after that, I have issues. This example I have in the screen shot, is just trying to add a cross slope rule from a converted linestring to another line. Seems simple.

Also, I would like to know how to just end a vertical design, sort of how you would do in corridors by creating a null template...so the surface stops. I have a roadway alignment/profile given to me that makes a hard 90 degree turn, and would like to end the design at the point of intersection, and then pick up again at the gutterline extended of the road but going in the other direction. This is also shown in the screenshot.

------------------------------
    matt fleischman

• 2.  RE: Target Line Not Computed

Posted 06-09-2021 13:47
    Hey did you get any help with this? I'm having this same problem

Jason Kuiack

• 3.  RE: Target Line Not Computed

Posted 06-22-2021 08:00
    Have you tried this with TBC version 5.50? The version has plenty of fixes to the Vertical Design calculation, at least so here at Trimble we believe.

The best way to diagnose and fix Vertical Design problems is to get the vce file from the problem case to Trimble for examination. Real-world experience has shown that lineworks often have corner cases and corner cases of corner cases.

Markku Alanko

Markku Alanko

• 4.  RE: Target Line Not Computed

Posted 06-22-2021 10:32
    Thanks for the reply, 

Since I upgraded to v5.50, its working much better. The way I understand your comment, it means that sloppy drafting is the Vertical Design tool's enemy, and every time I find an rule calculation error a closer look at the linework always shows some kind of tiny mistake. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Jason Kuiack