Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.50 install

• 1.  TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-16-2021 10:05
    Edited by Tom Silicato 06-17-2021 04:53
    For some reason when I went to install 5.40 it would stop and show me an error dialog box mapping to sync folder path. I just tried 5.50 install and was doing the same thing. I cannot change the sync folder path because it is greyed and not selectable. Pics below show the error and my sync folder path. This has never happened in the past. We install TBC onto our personal computer C drive. I was told to maybe try Enterprise Deployment but so not understand how to install this way. I am currently on v5.30 and any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Tom Silicato

• 2.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-16-2021 12:04
    Hey Tom, 

Is it possible to copy the full install from the network and run from your c drive?

While you can install from a network location it can cause issues in some cases. For this reason it is recommended to install from you local machine. 

Make sure to run the cleanup utility as well before running the install. 

Let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 3.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-17-2021 04:56
    Hi Shane,

I misspoke when I say we install to our server when in fact we install to our personal C drive. The error keeps mentioning the N drive path but I cannot change it so I think that may be part of the problem.

Tom Silicato

• 4.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-18-2021 09:15
    Hey Tom, 

Have you tried to run as administrator and see if you get the same result? 

I'll send over to our TBC engineer that deals with installation and see what he thinks the issue could be. 

Assuming you downloaded the exe from your network drive, could you go to the TBC homepage, select the download link and download the full install from the email that is sent. I'm courious if this has something to do with the exe coming from that the network drive. 

I'll let you know what our engineer comes back with as well. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 5.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-18-2021 09:23
    Hey Tom, 

You can also try installing the software using the 'TrimbleBusinessCenter.msi' file rather than the 'Setup.exe' as I've seen this resolve the issue in a similar case.  Give it a try and let me know if this works. The '.msi' file can be found on the 'Trimble Downloaded Installations > TBC folder (by default: C:\Trimble Downloaded Installations\Trimble Business Center 5.xx\TBC). Another option would be to try removing any previous install of TBC, running the cleanup utility and try to perform a fresh install of the latest version 5.50 if your warranty will allow. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 6.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-18-2021 09:40
    I appreciate your help. I downloaded the link from the TBC website and then went through the .exe file on my local PC drive we call "P://". Once installed it will go onto my local C drive. I can try the .msi file and see what it does. Also what is the difference between online and offline install

Tom Silicato

• 7.  RE: TBC 5.50 install

Posted 06-18-2021 10:39
    Shane, just wanted to let you know I was able to install 5.50 through the .msi file. Thanks again

Tom Silicato