Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Modelling embankment layers

• 1.  Modelling embankment layers

Posted 04-06-2021 11:06
      |   view attached
    Good afternoon,

I've been asked to create a model for each layers(250mm vertical offset) of an embankment for machine control and wonder if anyone can help me as I'm really struggling to get it done. What would be the easiest way?

Attached dxf and ttm of the design

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Manuel Roldan

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Modelling embankment layers

Posted 04-06-2021 17:01
    Hey Manuel,

Judging by a quick look at your dxf it appears that you are working on a road project? Without any project detail it is difficult to give you a detailed plan, but I would look at using Corridor Modeling if you are indeed working on a road project. As far as the ttm is concerned, judging by the surface triangulation, it appears to be missing a lot of information. I would be hesitant to use that model for anything machine related. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Shane Odenbach

• 3.  RE: Modelling embankment layers

Posted 04-07-2021 20:08
    Manuel,

Do you have any design drawings that would show what you want to model? Also, Original Ground Surface could be useful.

Marian Plucinski

• 4.  RE: Modelling embankment layers

Posted 04-08-2021 06:37
      |   view attached
    Hi Marian,

below a sketch of what I'm trying to achieve and attached the EG model in xml format. As I mentioned before it gets complicated when ramps and footpath come into action.

Really appreciate you helping.

Kindest Regards,

Manuel Roldan

Manuel Roldan

• 5.  RE: Modelling embankment layers

Posted 04-09-2021 14:57
    Manuel,

I haven't seen any design drawings for your project, are you chasing something like on the attached screenshot?

If so I'd recommend as follows (I think corridors would be to complicated for tis application):

You will be using mostly two lines that define your see wall's (?) Hinge Point Left and Hinge Point Right
    Create alignment from the Hinge Point Left
    Use macro: Offset Slope, create 2 lines +/-50m from the Hinge lines at Vertical offsets -250, -500, -750... 
    For each pair of created points create a surface, call them -0250, -0500, -0750...
    To make it all smooth add alignment to you new surfaces, you can the densify them surfaces as well
    For each new surface create Interface Line between your design and a new surface.
    I use Track Regions to convert interface linestrings into closed polygons to be used as a surface boundary.
    Trim you new surface to the just created surface boundaries. Repeat the process for each layer.

If the layer were to be bound by Original Ground and the design (like -2000 on the attaches screenshot), generate Interface Lines between Original Ground and your new surface before you trim it.

Marian Plucinski