Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Alignment Clipping when Exported

• 1.  Alignment Clipping when Exported

Posted 04-22-2021 11:10

Certain alignments on one of my projects are clipping at pretty arbitrary locations when exported as a .dxf to a data collector.  In Trimble business center the alignments as designed, with my corridor surfaces being built off of those alignments.  The alignment labels and stationing that continue past the 'clipped' portion are still exporting correctly to the data collector, while the horizontal alignment stops.

I am using controller software version 3.0 for my data collector/site controller.

Has anyone else experienced this/ have some insight into whats happening during that export between TBC and siteworks?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Nick Rousakis

• 2.  RE: Alignment Clipping when Exported

Posted 04-22-2021 17:34
    TBC Site design as road surface and the alignment not showing the Fishbones in SCS900/Siteworks?
    Compare last entry here:
    https://community.trimble.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewquestion?ContributedContentKey=0555092c-727b-4feb-9577-3dc26a493c05&CommunityKey=d961b046-1661-40f3-8d7e-0bde6866a14d&tab=digestviewer#82b427bf-a21d-4699-93c6-ed1fd12b44b0

I reported it to our SITECH, they can reproduce it, but no solution yet.

Ronny Schneider

• 3.  RE: Alignment Clipping when Exported

Posted 04-23-2021 05:13
    Do your vertical alignments stop at the locations where it is clipping them.  I seem to remember that being an issue where it won't create a line anywhere there is not also vertical information.  If thats the case then I usually just drape the rest of the alignment on original ground and append it to the profile, or I will put in an elevation of 0 or something really far off so nobody will accidently use it for something.

Wayne Welshans

• 4.  RE: Alignment Clipping when Exported

Posted 04-23-2021 05:43

Wayne - 

Just checked the vertical alignment, and that is exactly what happened. Extending vertical information did the trick and everything is exporting correctly.  Thanks!

Nick Rousakis