Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

5.60.1 BUGS

• 1.  5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-01-2022 12:20
    Just installed the patch (software version 5.60.1) & have noticed an old issue reappearing... something is off with the running snaps. In the past, once the "visual snap indicator" changed color - the snap would work. Now, even if the color has changed - you end up snapping FREE or to something else. I will update if I find any other bugs, thanks

------------------------------
    Kenneth Herwig

• 2.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-05-2022 22:03
    I have noticed this as well while creating dimensioning. Visually on the screen it is showing that it is going to snap to the point but ends up using the true cursor location instead.

Shaune Dorron

• 3.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-10-2022 05:55
    I have noticed the osnap issue persists while using the move command or a grip edit for example. The running osnap prioritizes the object that is being moved or the grip you're editing. As you wouldn't want to snap to the object you are moving, the bug is rendering the running osnaps useless.

Richard Tyndall

• 4.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-10-2022 11:41
    Has anyone found that their blocks are all the wrong scale since the update? And have you found a solution?...Thanks.

Martin Riley

• 5.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-12-2022 15:29
    Got the same here. Only happening to me when im moving linework etc. No issues for me with the snaps when creating new points or lines.

I have been in contact with our rep and sent him video footage of this happening. He is chasing it up.

Pretty dumbfounded how this hasn't been resolved.

Bevan Macdonald

• 6.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-14-2022 11:48
    Hey Bevan, 

Could you please provide the mentioned video here and I'll get this over to the TBC team to investigate and look for a resolution. 

Regards, 

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 7.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 02-02-2022 09:43
    Shane - has there been any update on this issue? My entire company recently updated all our software to 5.60.1 and are all seeing the same issue. Running snaps are not working properly. Please advise if/when we can expect to see a patch for this. Thank y ou

Kenneth Herwig

• 8.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 02-02-2022 12:05
    The issue remains in 5.60.2 as well. 
    When moving a selection, the running endpoint osnap will prioritize endpoint snapping to itself (from location) vs the endpoint of the line you're trying to snap too. 
    Very annoying. Use the right click snaps to work around until (if) they get it fixed.

Richard Tyndall

• 9.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 02-02-2022 12:26

Hey Kenneth, 

I've reached out to the PM to see if there has been any comments from the engineers on this and what it is going to take to get resolved. With this being set to a critical bug for the next release cycle (v5.70), it would need to be resolved before that release. 

As @Richard Tyndall has mentioned below, you can use the right click snaps to workaround for the time being. Thanks Richard for the workaround here as well.

We understand this is extremely annoying and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. I'll keep you updated if they are looking to possibly release another patch, but as of now this is set for v5.70 release.

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons

• 10.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 04-08-2022 10:46
    Shane - did you talk to the PM about this? Any updates for us? This is getting to be very frustrating

Kenneth Herwig

• 11.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 01-13-2022 12:35
    Same snap problems everyone has described.

Thomas Mauriello

• 12.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 02-22-2022 17:36
    Im hearing April/May for 5.70 release.

Cant explain how frustrating this is for my work Colleagues and myself. Taking 3 times longer to do anything and you have this cloud over your head wondering if everything is right. As a result having to do multiple additional checks. Our work flow has hit the skids. Finding it hard to believe that this base functionality isn't been addressed sooner. Sorry for the rant.

Regards

Bevan

Bevan Macdonald

• 13.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 02-23-2022 07:41
    Agreed. Very frustrating and disappointing. Sorry/not sorry.

Richard Tyndall

• 14.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 03-02-2022 17:10
    Edited by Jory Hancock 03-02-2022 17:10
    I am having same issue with the snaps as everyone has described. So annoying.

The snaps seem to work ok when you uncheck the 'Enable Dragging" option in the move objects command. Just means you can't see the object you are moving though.

Would be nice to have this one fixed ASAP.

Regards

Jory

Jory Hancock

• 15.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 04-08-2022 10:39
    Any update on this Trimble? It has been 3+ months and I am still having these same issues. I am nervous to toggle off more than 1 layer at a time, because often when I do - I get an error & TBC crashes. I can't use running snaps with any level of confidence because half the time the snaps do not work properly.

Please advise when we can expect to see some progress on these issues.

Kenneth Herwig

• 16.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 04-20-2022 10:49

This is the error message I keep getting. Seems to be related to the graphics display - as it happens when toggling off a layer group, or surface display. Please advise.

Kenneth Herwig

• 17.  RE: 5.60.1 BUGS

Posted 04-20-2022 12:22
    Hey Kenneth, 

To the best of my knowledge the original issue that was discussed here is resolved in the next release, along with other issues. I can't remember if this was something that a support case was put in for or not, but is so could you provide that case number from you dealer. 

Is this error message something that you've had your dealer put in a support case on? If so, can you get the case number from your dealer? 

Regards,

Shane Lyons

Shane Lyons