Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

• 1.  Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

Posted 04-30-2021 14:54

I am trying to deploy TBC 5.40.1 SILENTLY via Microsoft Configuration Endpoint Manager but I am having issues with the setup.exe prereq's and forced restarts. 

INSTALL: Looking for any assistance or direction on deploying SILENTLY for our end users. 

UNINSTALL: The uninstall cmd from the enterprise deployment guide: Setup.exe /remove /silent ONLY seems to remove tbc but leaves about 75% of the Trimble software still installed on the machine.. What is the proper cmd line to uninstall all things Trimbe? 

Clean Up tool: Lastly, is there a method to run the Trimble Office Cleanup Utility (April 2020) SILENTLY as in no user interaction? 

Appreciate any input and direction here

------------------------------
    Rolando Dominguez

• 2.  RE: Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

Posted 04-30-2021 17:01
    This sounds like a question for your Trimble vendor, which will probably get you a quicker answer.

Robert Hoy

• 3.  RE: Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

Posted 05-02-2021 21:26
    Edited by James McWha 05-02-2021 21:28
      |   view attached
    Have a read through the following document. If you have installed TBC, it can also be found in C:\Program Files\Trimble\Trimble Business Center\Support\iv
    Not sure about running the clean up utility siliently. It might be a case of try it and see.

James McWha

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Enterprise Deployment.pdf   728 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

Posted 05-03-2021 08:52

Yes, thats actually where I got my install commands from, i.e. using the below in Config Manager..

install cmd: Setup.exe /silent /ISFeatureInstall:TBC,TBC_MSI,FDM,FDM_MSI,SYNC,SYNC_MSI,SDM,SDM_MSI,WMDC

uninstall cmd: Setup.exe /remove /silent

However my issue/guess is that the prereq's seem to be triggering restarts as the machines reboot several times before any of the Trimble stuff is even installed on the system with the main issue is that the end user has to go back to Software Center each time to continue the install process. 

So looking for a way to supress or avoid multiple reboots during the TBC install.  Also the uninstall command only seems to do a very partial uninstall, really only removing the TBC software but leaving various other Trimble Software installed...

Rolando Dominguez

• 5.  RE: Is There Any Direction For Deployment Via Configuration Manger For TBC Versions 5.40 and Above?

Posted 05-20-2021 13:46
    best I got was the following: 

install cmd: Setup.exe /Silent /V/qn/norestart/ISFeatureInstall:TBC,TBC_MSI,FDM,FDM_MSI,SYNC,SYNC_MSI,SDM,SDM_MSI,WMDC

CASE CLOSED

Rolando Dominguez