Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.71: Urgently needed bug fixes

• 1.  TBC 5.71: Urgently needed bug fixes

Posted 03-20-2022 18:19
    Hello,

I went thru the changes that are to be introduced in 5.70, but I have failed to find any mention of the matter I find most pressing when it comes to TBC development: bug fixes that render TBC un-useable in some workflows.

On my site alone, we have 8 Engineering Surveyors working exclusively on TBC, clocking-in in total easily 30-40 hrs of TBC time daily.

We are really invested in this software, and improvements are a must if we are to expand it's use to another users.

Some of the most pressing issues:
    • Introduction of the CAD Grips massacred snaps and ease of selection. Snaps must be fixed.
    • Selection time of the multi segment lines has to be improved.
    • CAD Grips are not available when editing vertical alignments in the Profile View with VE. Ginormous error.
    • Drafting. TBC is unable to plot text as text. Similarly it is unable to plot a solid hatch. Both are converted to dense lines with generate files sizes far greater than needed. (Same PDF after plotting can be 0.5MB from AutoCad and 20MB from TBC)
    • Drafting. For ages now line thicknesses, colours, text/lines priorities and layers orders are not respected when plotting. It is impossible to force TBC to plot line A over line B.
    • Why exporting DWG with 10,000 objects takes 0.5hrs?
    • Why importing DWG or DXF with 100,000 elements takes 1 hr?
    • Why can't I create a new controller (SCS900) from the ControllerManager?
    • Why can't I use my own WMS as a Background Map?
    • TRB export. Still doesn't work.
    • Utilities module. Unable to export custom utilities to SiteVision / TRB
    • Utilities module. Unable to snap to the pipes. Unable to export pipes to lines / surfaces
    • Being forced to use 3rd party paid macros for the most basic functions.
    • Convert to linesting  / explode surface / chord line / explode IFC should be integral part of even the most basic licence
    • Where is grouping for Surfaces or raster files?
    • Still unable to draft in the Profile View / Cross Section view. Plane Manager is great. Let us use it to it's full potential!
    • Recently introduced Dependent Points is still buggy. Why can't I use chainage "-1" m?
    • Still unable to run some commands without selecting the object first e.g. EditDynaviewBoundaryCollection
    • Why explode does not work with all object types?
    • When will I be able to add/remove/edit custom panes in the Properties of the object? E.g. Geometry/12d Attributes/Point Information/Imported Files

Those are just few dramas from the top of my head, related to workflows that I use daily.. Other people, with different workflows are running into different dramas that are showstoppers.

Are any of them on TBC's Dev Team radar?

------------------------------
    Marian

• 2.  RE: TBC 5.71: Urgently needed bug fixes

Posted 03-22-2022 09:28
    Thank you for taking the time to put together this list, Marian. We really appreciate your committment to Trimble and the effort you make to help us make TBC a better product!

As a former beta tester and long time user, I can understand the frustration in seeing new features roll out that don't directly address your needs. For some context, the roadmap presented isn't an exhaustive list of everything we're doing behind the scenes - it's mostly just the new big features. The small enhancements and bug fixes we do for each release are a far bigger list most times. So, the good news is some of these are already in my roadmap and I'll look into the others that were not.

Thank you for your patience and continued dedication to TBC!

Charlie Sorg
    Product Owner, Trimble Business Center
    Civil Design & Engineering