Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Vertical Design Cross Slope Rule Insertion

• 1.  Vertical Design Cross Slope Rule Insertion

Posted 04-16-2021 10:58
      |   view attached
    I am just getting into vertical design. I have a simple alignment that I am using to make a vertical design. As with most designs, cross slope transitions begin and end at odd stations, so when placing starting and ending coordinate for a cross slope rule, how is it possible to place it exactly at the station required. I tried using the offset line method...by right clicking, selecting offset line method, selecting the alignment, typing in the station, then clicking in the vicinity of the line which the cross slope is tied to...but the cross slope rule plots off of the station for some reason. Is just a bad graphical representation? How can I find out exactly where my cross slope rules are applied? See attached screen shot where the rule should be at 114+00.

Thanks

------------------------------
    matt fleischman

• 2.  RE: Vertical Design Cross Slope Rule Insertion

Posted 04-17-2021 05:50
    Matt
    the way I do this is to use our RPS Create XLINES function which allows me to draw lines across the alignment left and right at specific stations (where my slope changes are) and then when I apply the Vertical Design Rules I use Intersection snap and pick the locations where the XLINES cross the lines that I am using for the Vertical Design. This allows me to first set up the job and capture where the XLINES need to be - I tabulate in Excel typically and then simply copy and paste from Excel into the command - I then name them with the Station  and slope so that they have easy to read labels on the XLINES and then I start the Vertical Design process.

You can to a point use Station Labels (Alignment Labels) tick marks for his also - but that doesn't allow you to create Random Station Locations whereas the XLINES tool does.

Hope that this helps

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

• 3.  RE: Vertical Design Cross Slope Rule Insertion

Posted 04-19-2021 05:12
    So how do I get the xlines tool? I assume that is not a standard tool in TBC?

matt fleischman

• 4.  RE: Vertical Design Cross Slope Rule Insertion

Posted 04-19-2021 08:49

Hi Matt,

Create X-Lines is a licensed TML (TBC macro command) by Rockpile Solutions (RPS).

List of TMLs distributed by RPS:

https://rockpilesolutions.com/TML/List

Help page for Create X-Lines:

https://community.myrockpile.com/t/create-xlines-command/528

Hope that helps!

Quan Mueller
    Revenant Solutions - TML Development