Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 2024.00 - Point Cloud Classification Errors

• 1.  TBC 2024.00 - Point Cloud Classification Errors

Posted 6 days ago

Has anyone had issues with 2024.00 freezing, exporting point clouds to incorrect coordinates, or crashing when trying to classify LAS/LAZ point clouds from an external source? TBC 2023.11 was absolutely flawless handling point clouds and I loved it. I'm having to find different solutions for 2024.00, however.

2024 does fine importing and viewing clouds but when you try to classify them, its a different story... All 3 above problems have happened on the same point cloud on different attempts, and multiple others that worked fine on 2023.11.

System is an I9, 64 gb ram with a 4090. All updates have been performed and suggested settings are being used to my knowledge. The graphics card is utilizing the latest drivers. I installed and reinstalled twice using both Cleanup Utility and a 3rd party uninstaller to remove all traces.

------------------------------
    Jordan Koehn

• 2.  RE: TBC 2024.00 - Point Cloud Classification Errors

Posted 5 days ago
    Edited by Benjamin Messer 5 days ago

Hi Jordan,

To help me to investigate could you please give me a screen shot of the Options > File Locations dialogue? This will help me start the investigation. Also, how large are the datasets?

Thanks you for your help.

Benjamin Messer

• 3.  RE: TBC 2024.00 - Point Cloud Classification Errors

Posted 4 days ago

File sizes range from 5mb to 30 mb

Jordan Koehn

• 4.  RE: TBC 2024.00 - Point Cloud Classification Errors

Posted 12 hours ago

So, I've narrowed it down somewhat. The classification works if I restart my computer and TBC between every attempt. However, at no point can I get the refinement to work reliably.

Jordan Koehn