Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

• 1.  TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

Posted 06-10-2023 07:31

Hello,

I wanted to change/amend/add a new feature code to my FXL file created in TBC v5.81.

When I start the Feature Definition Manager within TBC v5.90 and open my FXL file (created in v5.81),

when I select an existing area object (in the picture below in blue), the utility suffers run-time error (see picture below):

I closed the TBC v5.90 and re-started it - the same problem.

What´s the problem and what could I do to avoid it?

Thanks

Martin Kalafut

------------------------------
    Martin Kalafut

• 2.  RE: TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

Posted 06-11-2023 07:42
      |   view attached

I had this same issue and was able to resolve. Now I am trying to remember what I did....

What Version does FDM say?

I may have opened FDM through TBC and it updated. 

Elijah Voigt
    Land-Tech Services LLC
    New Jersey USA

• 3.  RE: TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

Posted 06-11-2023 14:20

Hello Elijah,

First, I thought that it is a specific issue with my FXL file. However, I also tried with Trimble FXL file (file: GlobalFeatures.fxl)

and the problem is the same also with Trimble FXL file.

My version of FDM is like yours:

Martin

Martin Kalafut

• 4.  RE: TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

Posted 06-11-2023 16:40

Shoot, hopefully someone else can jump in and offer other suggestion. 

Elijah Voigt
    Land-Tech Services LLC
    New Jersey USA

• 5.  RE: TBC v5.90 - A problem with Feature Definition Manager Utility - the utility suffers crash

Posted 06-12-2023 03:17

Latest info: This time there was very quick reaction from development team. When you run TBC, you get an info that there is an update for FDM.

I downloaded and installed the FDM update and now it seems it works again fine and problem free!

Many thanks to development team, I very appreciate it!

Martin Kalafut