Trimble Business Center

View Only

Georeference pdf command not working TBC v5.70.1

Joseph Torres's profile image
Joseph Torres posted 10-21-2022 09:39

Hello everyone!

Me and my colleague just installed the latest version of TBC (v5.70.1) but now we can not seem to georeference PDFs, the compute button in the command is greyed out. Are we missing something like in the options or could this be a bug?
Anyone having och had the same issue?
Thankful for any tips.

Charlie Sorg's profile image
Charlie Sorg
Can you share a screenshot or video of what you're doing so that I can take a look? The only thing that should prevent you from registering the PDF is not having the coordinates and corresponding pixels of at least two points selected. I assume you're using Georeference Image vs Georeference Vector PDF, but can you also clarify which exact command you're using?
Joseph Torres
I have used both and it’s the Georeference vector pdf that doesn’t work. The register/compute button is greyed out even if the 2 fields for pixels and coordinates are populated. It worked fine in v5.60.2 but not in v5.70.1. I recently updated to v5.70.1 because the baseline computations in the previous version didn’t work/command was broken. Seems like nowadays there is something with every version of TBC starting to be a little annoying.
Charlie Sorg
If you provide all the data and exact steps you're following, I can look into it further. Feel free to send me a DM.
Joseph Torres
Still not working in TBC (v5.81) . I tried using the clean up tool and re install TBC but no progress.
Somebody at Trimble got time to help me?
Charlie Sorg
Joseph,

I never received any of the data I requested from you when I tried to troubleshoot it in October. There is no other data to support this feature not working, so it is impossible for us to fix without the data you're using and the exact steps you're following to repeat the issue. The best mode of action with any and all Trimble related issues is to work directly with your dealer who can provide a first line of support for issues like these and submit cases in the proper channels when an issue is found. Please contact your dealer so they can help you with the issue.
Joseph Torres

I’ve found the issue thanks to Alan Sharp and his help (along with other contributors on the Rockpile forum).  Thanks guys!

It’s the global settings/national settings in windows that creates this issue.
Here in the Nordic Region Microsoft windows use as default decimal sign “,” (comma) and as separator uses “;” (semi colon) whilst the US uses “.” (Point) and “,” (comma).
When changing from nordic setting to US setting the command works.

This is an issue that’s been a regular issue with TBC, last time I found this was using excel spreadsheets to corridor tables (copy and paste).

Try changing your settings @CharlieSorg​
to Nordic settings and you will most likely not be able to execute the Georeference pdf command.