Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

• 1.  HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 07-24-2020 10:29

Well I need to go back to a job that I have archived in WM but I a little confused on how to do this.  Is there any documentation explaining how to do this?

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 07-25-2020 12:59

Ben

I have no idea on this either so have asked one of the WM team to respond to the question

Apologies

Alan

• 3.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 07-26-2020 14:53

Hi Alan and Ben, thanks for the question and referral.

To un-archive a design, from the Designs page, there is a switch for Active and Archived designs (top left) to select the files to view. Choose Archived Designs to display the list of archives. Select the design you want to un-archive. This expands the slide-out details panel on the right. Click the Un-Archive button on the details panel. The design is unarchived and moved to the Active Designs view (change from Archived Designs view using the switch top left).

The best place to start with WorksManager queries would be the WorksManager Community page. There is an introduction video from the release of the archive feature. Archive Design Feature Introduction linked in the June 10 release Notes followed by a clarification of what archive means in the July 2 release Notes.

The FAQ under Archive Designs has a few items also. 

Hope this helps

• 4.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 07-31-2020 09:37

Grant, i don't see a place to ask a question on the site. I have an issue with my Earthworks machine and tcc sync. The design and coordinate system was removed from the machine some time today without a manual sync. I deleted the site from WM/TCC and published to the Project Library and still can't sync the project.

Please advise. @Alan Sharp 

• 5.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 08-07-2020 10:03

Grant,

My question is how to Un Archive a SITE not a design.

• 6.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 08-07-2020 04:51

This option is not available on my worksmanager see below

no way to unarchive Site, the original question was how to unarchive a SITE not a design please advise 

• 7.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 08-09-2020 16:16

This looks like a bug or omission, Ben. I have forwarded the thread to Vijay, the WorksManager PM, to comment.

• 8.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 08-09-2020 23:21

Hello Ben, thanks for reaching out. The 'Unarchive project' feature is not available in the WorksManager product yet. The work is in progress, and it should be available in ~2-3 weeks. Until then, if you have an urgent need to unarchive a project, please send us a support ticket, and we will get it done for you. Regret inconvenience.

• 9.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 09-21-2020 05:48

Hello Vijay, the "Unarchive" a site is still not working in Worksmanager? I have archived some sites expecting if you have a button for archive there should be unarchive (silly me). 

• 10.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 09-25-2020 01:19

Hello Filip, glad we were able to un-archive the project from behind the scenes with the account/ project details you gave us. Have a great week end. The feature should be available in a few weeks in the product itself, until then, feel free to reach out to get it done, if urgent.

• 11.  Re: HOW TO "UN ARCHIVE" A SITE IN WORKSMANAGER?

Posted 08-09-2020 23:48

The discussion forum for WorksManager is also enabled now. Please feel free to add your questions, ideas, and discussion topics there. And thanks for all your feedback.