TBC Macros and Extensions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Add boundary to surface offset macro

• 1.  Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-27-2018 06:39

@Gary Lantaff The surface offset macro is great. I have used it numerous times since updating to TBC 5.0 last week. 

Is it be possible to add the ability to select a boundary to apply to the surface when running this marco? The reason I need this is because I am using the surface offset to "copy" my surface and then I want to add side slopes to the copied surface. I tried offsetting a surface that had a boundary applied but it would not add to my new surface properly. See the video below.

If this is not possible would you mind looking into a macro for copying a surface?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-27-2018 16:19

I updated the macro (see blog). This should do what you asked for.

• 3.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-28-2018 03:17

Gary thank you for the quick turn around. That worked perfectly and will be a huge time saver. Would it be possible to add the function of highlighting the clipping boundary selected? This would help when linestrings are stacked. 

• 4.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-28-2018 09:37

OK, I updated the macro to highlight the selected boundary.

• 5.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-28-2018 09:49

Thank you. 

• 6.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-28-2018 14:05
      |   view attached

I have attached a TML that will name objects based on layer name. If you

think this works well, I will publish to the forum.

You specify the new name using a text box. If " is included in the new name, the layer name will replace that. So if you enter something like " L= old=" you will get something like "L=MyLayer old=OldName". If the

mask is just "NewName", then the selected lines will have that as their

name.

Let me know if this works for you.

Gary//

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 6:40 AM Patrick L'heureux <trimble@jiveon.com>

Attachment(s)

zip
    AssignNameFromLayer.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: Add boundary to surface offset macro

Posted 11-28-2018 14:32

That works like a dream. That will save me countless hours.I will do a little more testing and get back to you.

@Eric Condemilicor are you running version 5.0 of TBC? if so can you test out the macro that Gary prepared. I think it covers my needs for naming linework, I just want to get a second pair of eyes in case I missed something.