TBC Macros and Extensions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

• 1.  updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-13-2019 02:47

Hi,

I tried to add the macros to the appropriate blog entries. But I can't add an attachment to my comment.

I'm also unable to upload them to the shareware folder.

But here, creating a new topic, I'm able to add them.

Attachment(s)

zip
    VpiAtElev - V5.1.zip   5 KB 1 version
    zip
    3DPtsToArc - V5.1.zip   5 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-15-2019 12:08

My copy of SurfaceToGrid from the April PUG (2.0) won't load in my install of TBC v5.1.  It didn't complain about any others.  I'm going to post about it separately, it really looked like TBC was frozen loading.

Did you make code fixes to the Python code?  I would message Gary Lantaff and he can review your code and get updated versions onto the blog posts and also on to the TML hosting service ran by Rockpile Solutions.

• 3.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-18-2019 23:27

With the original macros my BC 5.1 showed different Python error message during startup and these macros weren't available in the menu bar.

I checked the source code of some of the macros that came with the BC 5.1 installation and there were some comments that with BC5.1 some functions have moved to different dll's. I changed the source code accordingly so that my BC is now starting without error messages and I can start all of the macros above.

But meanwhile I discovered that "Surface to Points" creates an ASCII error message during runtime and "Surface to Grid" complains about an invalid file name in the surface selection drop down field.

I'll have to look into that.

I removed "surface to grid" from initial post.

The other macros from my post run in BC 5.1.

• 4.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-19-2019 11:51

Sounds like quite a few things broke this release!  Great job on figuring out where the functions moved to.

The sample macros from Trimble should be updated along with the new TBC version.  I'm surprised this wasn't caught during their testing period.  @Gary Lantaff should be able to verify your fixes, fix the other TMLs, and update the blog posts/hosting service.  He may have fixes already, but just hasn't posted them yet.

One advantage with these sample macros in .py format, the community has the access to fix the issues without waiting for an official Trimble fix...

• 5.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-21-2019 13:06

I heard from Rockpile Solutions that Gary has posted his updates to the Trimble sample macros to Rockpile's hosting service, so you should be able to get the updates via the TMLStatus macro - Rockpile wrote a blog post about it TML - TMLStatus

• 6.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-27-2019 08:02

Hello Quan,

thanks for pointing out that TMLStatus macro.

• 7.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-27-2019 17:00

No problem Ronny! I think our conversation helped to nudge Rockpile to make an official post about it

• 8.  Re: updated macro versions for TBC 5.1

Posted 06-21-2019 11:06

These are very helpful.  Thanks for sharing!