TBC Macros and Extensions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems Configuring Visual Studio

• 1.  Problems Configuring Visual Studio

Posted 01-15-2019 09:53

First, I am totally new to Python and TBC Macros. I have stepped through the installation process very carefully and I hit a wall at the following locations. By wall I mean I don't get the behavior noted in the instructions. I checked forum answers but didn't find a similar case.

These are the issues:

1) In Step 7 of the section "Making TBC Controls Available in Your VS Project" the custom controls are added to the bottom of "All WPF Controls" not the "All XAML Controls". In "the All XAML Controls" list everything is greyed out.

2) Refreshing the project by pressing F5  (step 9) launches TBC. Is that supposed to happen?

3) Step 10: doubling clicking one of the custom controls does not add all the DLKL's as references.

Since I have not been able to get past this point after three (very carefully following instructions) tries I can't yet get to Add Controls To The UI...

Any help gratefully accepted

Marshall

• 2.  Re: Problems Configuring Visual Studio

Posted 01-16-2019 11:28

When adding the TBC tools to the ToolBar, the tools are added to the group that is selected. I normally select the "General" group and then right-click. If you then pick "Choose Items...", the new controls will be placed in that group.

That just makes it easier to find the TBC controls. It doesn't really matter which group the controls are added to.

F5 is a debugger shortcut for Start/Continue. It will start TBC inside the Visual Studio debugger.